Friday, June 5, 2009

The Jessica Biel of spoon desserts

"Dorie says to bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until they jiggle only in the center. I set the timer for 40 minutes and went off to get the kids into bed. I did not even think about the custards again until the timer went off after 40 minutes. Well, apparently my oven is running hot these days, because by the time I got there, it was evident that I had missed the 'jiggly only in the center' stage by a long shot. My custards were not only not 'jiggly in the center,' they were, I kid you not, the Jessica Biel of spoon desserts, i.e., not jiggly anywhere. Which is great for you if you are Jessica Biel, but very, very bad if you are a custard. Because this is what happens when you stir up a not-jiggly-anywhere custard:"
(March 10, 2009, The Tortefeasor)

No comments:

Post a Comment