Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Spartacus of ducks

"I had spent many hours (or possibly seconds), researching the ducks. We had walked by the pens where the anxious competitors were assembled, waiting the big moment when the gates would be opened and the bill-gnashing free-for-all on the river would commence. I had peered into their little black eyes -- the eyes of the ones that weren't wearing sunglasses or pirate eye-patches, anyway -- and had seen the fever of competitiveness there. But in one duck I had seen more. I had seen something there that made me say to myself, 'Self, this duck has what it takes. This is the Spartacus of ducks; this is the Alexander of ducks; this is the Donald Trump and Donald Duck of ducks all rolled into one!'"
(July 27, 2010, C. Patrick Neagle, Goblinbrook)

1 comment:

  1. http://www.edreif.com/2010/10/cruise-ship-auctioneer-ed-reif.html

    The Mother Teresa of the Cruise Ship Art Auction World--turning water into wine, The Ed Reif brand, handing out the sacrement of faith--, and as M. T. said herself" My wish is that everyone that meets me, leaves a little bit happier". Props to Gary Glitter, for "Hey Hey" song

    ReplyDelete