Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Scottie Pippen of motherhood

"Tyler came into town late Tuesday night. He'll be here for a week. First thing Wednesday morning, he hopped on line and read what I had written about Zack's long walk home.

'I hate to tell you this, Mom,' he said 'But as long as Grandma's on deck, you'll never be Mother of the Year.'

I can live with that. I don't think my Mom has a single grandchild that wouldn't vote for her first and then their own mom for Mother of the Year. And I don't think she has a single daughter or daughter in law who would take exception to it. Being compared to my Mom is like being compared to Mohamed Ali or Michael Jordan. So I'm the Scottie Pippen of Motherhood. I'm okay with that."
(Dec. 20, 2007, Casual Sundays with Mr. Curry)

No comments:

Post a Comment